Real Talk #1

Today is a good day. One of those few days where it feels like everything is actually going right. The dogs are all behaving, the baby isn't spitting up near as bad. Or screaming. Lord the screaming. New parents know that screaming. The screaming that comes from a baby suffering. Whatever causes it, gas, colic, reflux, it SUCKS. It makes life hard as hell.

My 5.5 week old has slept pretty good today thanks to his new reflux meds. That means I slept pretty good. But this day is so rare I almost forgot what feeling human felt like. I managed to squeeze in a couple chores around the house. But let's be real, that shit lasted an hour at best. Maybe 2. I don't really pay all that much attention to time anymore. My life is basically nurse, change diapers, sleep, pump, eat (if I'm lucky). Sometimes I even find time to use the bathroom.  Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

This last month has been one of the most challenging. Anyone who says that first month is not the hardest of your life is a damn LIAR. I have ran on basically an hour or two of broken sleep a day. I think one time I got 6 hours thanks to my husband. But it was once. And he had no choice because my body crashed. So that was a fun time. But things are (very very) slowly working themselves into a groove. I've learned how to sleep when the baby does. Those first couple weeks you're terrified to sleep because you're constantly checking on them while simultaneously trying to take care of yourself & heal (LOL).

But let's be real here. Those screaming little light of our lives are so worth it. They teach you so many lessons so fast. They teach you unconditional love, selective hearing, sleep deprivation, and how to go 15 hours without eating more than a granola bar.  And forget hot, fresh food. Life lessons people. LIFE LESSONS.

In a year, when this pops up in my Facebook memories, & my ovaries scream for another baby, I'm gonna read this again to remind myself to shut the hell up. But also to remind myself how fast this goes by, & how it always feels a lot harder than it is. Even though that's mostly from me doing this 98% on my own because my husband works 14 hours a day. So I'm gonna remind myself to enjoy these snuggles during naps. To enjoy how much he loves his Momma enough to only want my attention. And to enjoy all these shows & movies I now get to binge during nap/ nursing/ pumping times.

That's all for today. Sometimes this blog will be written, sometimes even videos. And I'll always try to keep it funny, but real. Until next time!

Comments